Resident Advisors are still needed for the female dorms at Business Week! Earn $400 while supporting high school students this summer at JA Business Week! A flier with the job description is located here.
WHEN: 6:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. Sunday, June 5 (6:00pm) through Friday, June 10 (6:00am)
WHERE: Johnson & Wales University, Denver
Deadline for resumes: Please turn in ASAP! Positions will be filled on a rolling basis.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW: JA Business Week is a one-of-a-kind summer program that lets high school students experience the business world, develop leadership skills and focus on their futures. Interactive presentations and small group discussions delivered by prominent Colorado business executives become the academic backbone for the highly educational and informative week. Simultaneously, students work on an “Apprentice”-style project with a local Colorado company. The students get a taste of college life by spending the week on a university campus and living independently in the residence halls. Website: www.jabusinessweek.org.
POSITION OVERVIEW: During the course of a week, it the responsibility of every Resident Assistant (RA) to provide a healthy residence hall environment, including the assistance of student needs and maintaining an overall safe environment.
• Promote a safe learning environment for all students in the residence hall
• Participate in duty coverage and desk coverage for the building. Must remain in the building every night of JA Business Week
• Oversee all students of an individual hall as well as conduct scheduled and random room checks
• Work with a team of RAs to supervise evening activities, including Capture the Flag and dance
• Respect students’ personal information with confidentiality
• Be alert of student problems to be able to confront these situations and refer them to the JA staff or to campus security
• Perform as a mediator in conflicts among student residents
REQUIREMENTS: Must be at least 21 years old and female. Related experience as an RA, youth counselor or other preferred. Background check required.
STIPEND: $400 plus free room & board for the week
If interested please send resume to:
Email Leah Caputo, Middle & High School Programs Manager:
Mail: Junior Achievement, Rocky Mountain, Inc.
1445 Market Street, Suite 200, Denver, CO 80202-1716